Tuesday 26 April 2011

KO Movie Review

A small review on the movie I saw recently... Ko

Amidst all the heavy work that we have ;-) today me and Arvind got into a healthy argument regarding the movie "Ko". The best part was he hasn't seen the movie yet he was arguing that the movie is no good. His argument was based on a movie review by some Bharadwaj god knows who. That's when I decided that the movie requires my expert review :-p. Ya we all know the movie lacks logic, but is that the reason why you go for movies? Well atleast I dont go to find the logic in the movie, rather to have a great time with friends. I would call a movie as a bad movie which spoils such an occasion.

So to begin with the review, let me introduce you all to the cast:
i) The movie has an ultra rich hero with super human ability in taking photographs, Ashwin (Jeeva)
ii) Next up is the uber cool villain, Tamil film industry lacks such classy Villains Thumbs up and full marks to this class Villain, Ajmal hats off you rocked as Vasanthan.
iii) We have a lovely heroine who tries to break the cliche of just dancing with the Hero but fails miserably as she ends up only popping up time and again trying to establish her presence in the movie. Dear Karthika were you trying to become Vidya Balan of Tamil film industry please be careful with your wardrobe for song sequences. I loved you in the movie but songs they were a disaster. Darling time to change your costume designer.
iv) Next up my favorite character in the movie Pia mmuah... loved you baby, ditch that idiot Ashwin (Jeeva) I am here for you. oops guess we are deviating from the topic. The movie was kept lively by this bubbly girl with her charm.

The story line is very impressive its about the youth coming to politics with a general reference to the atrocities in the society. It also has loads of message to the general public and press put in a with a tinge of humor. That was a neat work.
However our K.V.Anand was in a hurry I guess as he forgot to tie all the loose ends. How could four robbers arrested for robbing a bank in the first scene work for the villain for rest of the movie. This is just a small example there are other small small blunders all through the movie. I would forgive everything but the biggest blunder was the timing of the song "ven paniye".
Music as usual typical Harris Jayaraj stuff makes you wonder haven't I heard this song before Hmmm.... I am gonna be a music director. Harris is one who makes the most of the word "inspiration", hats off to you pal.
Cinematography is way below K.V. Anand standards, I am sure he was in a big hurry.

Overall the movie is entertaining, you wouldn't feel that you have wasted your time nor money after watching this movie that's where K.V. Anand succeeds big time. I would call this a good movie which has addressed to all social issues. You can definitely watch it once, you wouldn't be disappointed. On paper the disadvantages seem to outweigh the advantages but that's been taken care of by fast screenplay and some wonderful performances by Ajmal and Pia. As I said earlier Pia has livened the movie with enjoyable moments. Her performance will be overlooked by all amidst all the action and blemishes, but she is the one who makes the first half enjoyable. Jeeva too has done full justice to his role. The protagonists performances lifts the movie. Its definitely worth a watch.

Okay now that I have given my first movie review I hope you all know what to do...
Your valuable comments eagerly awaiting them...

2 comments:

  1. I dont know whether you realised it or you haven't proof read your post, machi nee ye andha padatha bullet point 1'la irundhu kalaichita!!!...seri freeya vidu...bharadwaj rangana en edhukulla elutha!!??? ....i am gonna post a link of your review on his wall and lets hope he takes your trip!!!

    Check out his review. Link below:


    http://baradwajrangan.wordpress.com/2011/04/22/bullet-point-report-ko/

    But overall a good effort dude...keep up the good owrk, you may be the next bharadwaj rangan!!! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Machi the whole point is to do something different from the stereotypes da, Maybe all the great movie reviewers use bullet points to review bad movies but I will be using them to introduce the protagonists in my reviews. Mr. Baradwaj I sincerelly dont know who you are just heard Arvind use your name to justify his points just felt you were little too harsh on the movie may be this is what happens after writing reviews for ages.

    ReplyDelete